Tabletop games?

Forums The Gaming Den…Dungeon Tabletop games?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Badscribbler 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Badscribbler
    Participant

So anyone here play table top rpgs?

I have a massive amount of games I’ve read through and quite a few I played. My history more or less is…

Very partial to 2nd and 3rd edition of Mutants and Masterminds, currently in some pathfinder games, planing a 5th edition game at some point, saw the rise and fall of a civilization with Microscope, waiting to drop a Shadowrun when some game spots clear up, played some Dark Heresy and homebrew variants, never can get a game of World of darkness Changling: The Lost past a session, Dipped a toe in Exalted, used effort in Numanera, did a quickstart of Legend of The five rings, misremebered 3.5 attempts far far in the past, did some insanity gaining in Cthluhu Tech, and can never quite seem to kill players in Call of Cthluhu.

Yeah, I’ve touched far too many table top RPGs.

Badscribbler
    Participant

Also should note I’m play mostly online so I know of quite a few resources for doing such things. Also a lot of free SRD websites for a few of those games so you can play without actually purchasing any physical or legally obtained material.

NickyD
    NickyD
    Keymaster

Cool! While I can’t advocate for procuring things illegally, I think it’s cool that a lot of tabletop stuff can be enjoyed by those who may not own a big table (hi!).

I haven’t dived into this realm of gaming, but it’s interested me for quite some time. There are some cool coffee shops in Seattle here where you can rent/borrow a tabletop game and play it right there. Might do that someday 😀

Badscribbler
    Participant

>While I can’t advocate for procuring things illegally
    Oh I feel stupid, I wasn’t promoting that. I was just trying ot say you could play online without obtaining illegal pdfs without actually mentioning the pirated material.

The SRD sites are legal under open gaming license because they can’t legally be charged for. Basically Wizards in 3.5 said “here are stuff you’re free to use without having to contact us but you have to have the stuff you make be free” so things like pathfinder SDR, Mutants and masterminds SDR, and even the basic parts of dungeon world.

I need to proof read more. Sorry for confusion.

Badscribbler
    Participant

Just for example, you can pretty much download all the rules off of wizards own site for 5th edition (it’s srd dropped within the past few months).

https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/systems-reference-document-srd

and a while later this guy added 5E to his little line of open game license game wikis.

http://www.5esrd.com/

You’ll notice things like beholder and other wizards copywrite material are gutted but everything is there. It’s like open software in that regard.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.