Backer reward ideas

Forums The Undead Darlings Dungeon Backer reward ideas

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar Badscribbler 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Badscribbler
    Participant

So just because I have time and have been looking at the prefundia page and you wanted some rewards.

Now from experience I’m going to be frank, real items are always more complicated and expensive, even the little ones. Give a separate date for these items and have lots of time for it to explode on you. Make sure the numbers are straight for shipping, I’ve seen kickstarters die becasue all the money they made went into shipping a couple hundred shirts and a few miscellaneous little items to 3 continents because the company they found turned out to eat their money and had to be reshipped. Be very careful with real items. Pen and paper games seem to do better with this and they already do this and they still flub it repeatedly.

Digital side is more doable in my opinion. While you have a few good ideas I’m thinking something a little more low cost high reward.

Weapon descriptions : You need weapon descriptions (judging by the flavor text talk in the previous kickstarter streams which I will say probably came from magic the gathering but splitting hairs), backers want to leave a mark. It’s text you’re already going to need and after some veting of the text it’s copy paste. Simple, a vanity add on or tier, and a player gets something immortalized.

Diary notes/logs/notes : It’s a horror staple, you find a random note pertaining to someone turning into a zombie or about to meet a bad fate. While this is some work in the engine it could be it’s own little event with only text and the girls don’t need to comment in on. Something possibly with a little more money on it as it requires some actual code and tools with as well as more working with to fit the game.

White board messages : As there is a mall scene maybe there can be a break room with a special white board texture with the random scribbling that workers do. A very limited tier/add on it. This might just be the backers give a message or basic drawing, or send an image file that gets cleaned up and stylized in as marker.

Letter bag : Like the diary notes with a twist, could be some random drops off a zombie postman or something. Basically a random drop that can be viewed for some silly messages the backers have written. Would require some more code for enemy drops into a possible key item list and then some way to view them.

Design a franchise product : I don’t know how healing items will be done in the game but if it’s snacks and food a backer could make a slogan/product that’s a healing item. Be the backer to make “Brain candy : The chocolate brain snack that makes you think!” and restore MP. Maybe a higher cost version lets the backer influence a poster or something int the game showing the product.

So those are some thoughts I have, honestly I find these sort of rewards a better draw when the company hasn’t done physical rewards.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.