Do you double-dip?

Forums The Gaming Den…Dungeon Do you double-dip?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by StomachGod StomachGod 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Larxinostic
    Participant

Do you ever repurchase video games you already own if they debut on other platforms, receive remakes/remasters, or become inaccessible to ya after the death of a console of yours?

I never used to, as I deemed the habit excessive, but lately, I’ve been double-dipping here and there for two reasons: to support fledgling, deserving developers (if their games cost very little) and to regain access to otherwise-lost titles. Steam and GoG.com, especially, have been rapidly expanding the cross-platform market; as of late, they’re selling everything from ’80s classics to ’10s indies. Financial constraints limit my capacity to re-buy EVERYthing I’d spring for, but I’m unashamed to admit to occasional re-buys.

NickyD
    NickyD
    Keymaster

Absolutely. I can’t get everything either, but I do enjoy giving certain IPs or creators a little nudge that their work is still appreciated.

Repurchased Rogue Galaxy on the PS4 because it was a great, overlooked game toward the end of the PS2’s cycle…and I never did complete the optional ghost ship dungeon, make the final weapons, or even bother with many of the mini-games. Now I will, and I’ll earn trophies doing it!

…Yes, I’m a sucker for trophies. In my world, I see them as milestones that the developers create so that you can “properly” play the game to completion and experience everything they intended. I say this as I’m trying to put together a trophy list for Undead Darlings — you know, just in case it hits a PlayStation console. 😉

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by NickyD NickyD.
    StomachGod
    StomachGod
    Participant

Hmmm, well I collect or re-aquire quite a few old games as they come out on steam or GOG, I still have a lot of them somewhere around, but they dont run on the computers these days so picking old titles back up if I enjoyed them. Only seems logical to me…. for everything else, there is dos box 8D

Larxinostic
    Participant

^ Oh, yeah, absolutely, GoG and to a lesser extent Steam have been crucial in revitalizing older PC titles by fixing their compatibility with newer OSes and PCs. All glory to ’em!

I suspect Mr. Tired supports double-dipping for Undead Darlings, in any event. |3

NickyD
    NickyD
    Keymaster

Haha, yes! While I can’t toss out an official announcement or anything quite yet, it is possible that we will have help from another publisher to distribute a limited number of physical copies for the PC version! Looking into limited runs for PlayStation 4 discs, but… That may be too pricey…

StomachGod
    StomachGod
    Participant

Well, I wouldn’t normally make such a blatant double-dip when it is potentially un-necessary (steam OP nerf plox), I might make an exception this once XP (For the PC version still, I don’t really use other platforms XP)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.