The Legend of Dark Witch 1+2: Bland names; solid games

Forums The Gaming Den…Dungeon The Legend of Dark Witch 1+2: Bland names; solid games

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by StomachGod StomachGod 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Larxinostic
    Participant

So I honestly dunno why these lil’ Mega Man clones generate almost no fanbase whatsoever, but I’ll speak for ’em. The first game’s on 3DS and Steam (and, in Asian territories, Vita); the sequel just hit 3DS and may arrive on Steam later. DW1 is to MM1 as DW2 is to MM2: the first game’s more of a raw proof-of-concept that brings some neat gameplay without much polish; the sequel’s a refined, upgraded, full-fledged *game* that rectifies a few of its precursor’s faults while diversifying in scope and substance. Mega Man run’n’shoot meets Gradius powerups with Touhou bosses. Everybody’s female – and cute. Music’s got that 16-bit catchiness in the first game, although it’s limited in composition breadth; conversely, the soundtrack of the two’s greatly expanded and surprises well. Shoot, overall, the sequel simply surprised me with its improvement. First game’s between a 5.5 and a 6.5, while the sequel I’d peg between 7 and 8.25.

Yeah, truly, I dun get why these games have reached practically zero gamers. No real marketing? Haphazard ESL translations? Anime girl repulsion? Eh, no matter: *I* really like ’em and advocate ’em to anybody with interest in MM-style endeavors. They’re challenging, however. Tread cautiously. 😉

[Sola and Mari are best girls. Hoo-hah!]

StomachGod
    StomachGod
    Participant

Honestly…. I don’t know what Mega Man even is… XD
    And I have never heard of these games…
    And I would say anime aversion is likely a factor, some people just have no taste XD

Larxinostic
    Participant

You…don’t know what Mega Man is? O.o

Well, uh, never mind, then.

StomachGod
    StomachGod
    Participant

Nope… I have heard of it… but I duno what it is… (plz dun kill meh D8)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.