Update Suggestions

Forums The Undead Darlings Dungeon Update Suggestions

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by NickyD NickyD 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    NickyD
    NickyD
    Keymaster

Want to see something specific? More videos, gifs, screenshots of X, Y, or Z?

We’d like to deliver the update content you want to see, but we’re not mind readers! Let us know if you have ideas or feedback. We hope to have a solid build of the game that may be stream-worthy in a handful of months (which is like 2 or 2.37 months), which means it would be something that can be played… Hmm, an interesting prospect, that.

B-But we’re not hinting or anything! We just wanted to say it because we’ll be playing the game; th-that’s all!

ShawnH
    Participant

I’d love more screenshots of how the battle system will work, maybe showing off some music too?

Interesting prospect indeed…

neptuniafan
    Participant

Definitely would like some screenshots and videos of some scenes (not too spoilery though) and the battle system. Some music or voice acting (if there are available) would be nice too.

NickyD
    NickyD
    Keymaster

Welcome, neptuniafan! I too have enjoyed my share of hours in Gamindustri.

Excellent suggestions both. Dialogue scenes I can make screenshots of all day long. Dungeon exploration screens…will have to wait for a little bit. Need more graphical assets. Battle screens are maybe…a few weeks away from being representative of what we want.

Music’s in the works! It’s a lot of fun but we’ll see when our first fully mastered track gets in. I don’t expect it for another month, but I’ve been surprised before!

As for voice acting… Well, we’ll see. That’s an incredibly expensive part of a game’s development, but I have been asking for some lines to be read so that we can get a cast forming in our heads, just in case 🙂

neptuniafan
    Participant

Nice! But please take your time. While I want to see the game made early but I don’t want to play a rushed game, so take your time and do everything to make the game complete and most importantly, fun.

NickyD
    NickyD
    Keymaster

Playing around with character scale/placement and enemy placement now. Black background keeps me sane.

tinybattlescreen

ShawnH
    Participant

Haha, I actually like the black background.

I also agree with neptuniafan. You can take all the time you need; we’ll be patient.

pixelsheep
    Participant

I love how games like SMT or the newer Wizardry ports handled first-person dungeon crawlers, so I’d love to see more in-game art of the “dungeons” when they’re developed! Very curious how stuff like a minimap would also be handled, aesthetically and gameplay-wise.

Would it be rude to ask about other characters one might meet in the game? It’d be really nice to see an Undead boy, but it seems like it might be too late to ask for that.

NickyD
    NickyD
    Keymaster

Hi pixelsheep, welcome!

I’ve enjoyed the newer Wizardry titles as well. What was it, Labyrinth of Lost Souls on PS3…? A pretty small title, all things considered, but it was a good taste of what Wizardry’s about for folks who’ve never played them before. Still have to get my hands on Persona Q (thanks for the $10 tax on all your games, Atlus…). They do tend to put their games on sale fairly often, so perhaps when next it gets a nice discount I’ll spring on it!

Our minimap is designed and it’s pretty cute; being a minimap, I wouldn’t call it mind-blowing though, haha. Once I get some wall/floor/ceiling textures and can put part of a dungeon together for a set of screenshots, I’ll be sure to have the minimap running as well! Great suggestion, thank you.

As for other characters… Well, kinda like the first Hyperdimension Neptunia title on PS3, NPCs aren’t going to have any associated artwork unless it’s mentioned as a stretch goal suggestion on our Prefundia page (coming soon!) by folks a whole lot. Since it’s zombie trope central, there aren’t a whole lot of other people you run into over the course of the game. The main guy who has his own ending is Buck Wampum, who’s gonna be talked about in the next Character Profile Series update.

Hmm… Zomboys, huh? Well, I mean, aren’t sequels all about expanding on things and drawing in a wider audience? 😉
    Let’s hope we get the opportunity to make that happen!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.